2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 12:18 AM by parisd

Flex generated TestAFlexDAO.java connection properties

parisd
      The "Create Application from Database" wizard for J2EE generates a TestAFlexDAO abstract class which is used to get the java.sql.Connection object for the application.
      The class uses the syntax "${...}" (e.g. Class.forName("${model.jdbcDriverClass}");) for instantiating the jdbc driver and configuring the DriverManager.
      Can you please explain this syntax? Are these supposed to be configuration parameters and if yes where should these parameters be declared?
        • 1. Re: Flex generated TestAFlexDAO.java connection properties
          catalinanastasoaie Level 1
          Hi,

Could you give us more details on what exactly are you doing? Can you give us more details on your configuration too? (Operating System, Flex Builder version, what project type are you using to generate the data wizards code, what type of database connection).

Thanks,
          -Catalin
          • 2. Re: Flex generated TestAFlexDAO.java connection properties
            parisd Level 1
            I want to test the functionality provided by the "Create Application from Database" wizard.
            The OS is WinXP SP2.
            FlexBuilder Version 3.0 - Milestone 3 Beta 2 (build 3.0.183654)
            The database is Oracle 10g R2.
            The Application Server is OC4J 10.1.3.3 (Standalone).

I started by creating a new Flex Project with the following settings:
            Application Type: Web application
            Application server type: J2EE
            Use remote object access service: Unchecked
            Create combined Java/Flex project using WTP: Checked

I have run the project using a Data Source created on the OJ4J, but I was curious about the particular syntax found in the generated code.