1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 8:39 AM by Jeff_Jobs

EchoSign: Merge Mapping Date Fields from SalesForce in the Correct Format

Jeff_Jobs

Hey All,

I'm using EchoSign with an Enterprise Edition of SalesForce.

I have an opportunity in SF with a Date field (not a Date/Time) field.  I setup merge mapping using EchoSign so that this date field would merge into an EchoSign PDF. 

The format of the date in SF is:

01/21/2013

The format of that same date in EchoSign is:

2013/01/21 00:00:00

I'd like to control the format of the date in EchoSign.  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: EchoSign: Merge Mapping Date Fields from SalesForce in the Correct Format
          Jeff_Jobs Level 1

Got this response from EchoSign Support:

Hi Jeff.

it's unfortunately behaviour by design due to peculiarities of the SFDC API interacting with EchoSign API.

In short yo get the raw data only regardless of validation rules in either SFDC or your EchoSign template.

There is a workaround though.

You need to create a new formula (text) field in Salesforce, which takes the data from your date field and apply one of the 2 formulas below to it:

If it’s a date/time field: TEXT(Day( DATEVALUE(API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD) ))+"/"+TEXT(Month( DATEVALUE(API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD) ))+"/"+TEXT(Year( DATEVALUE(API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD) ))

If it’s a date field: If it’s a date/time field: TEXT(Day( API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD ))+"/"+TEXT(Month( API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD ))+"/"+TEXT(Year(API NAME OF YOUR DATE FIELD ))

Then instead of merging the actual date field, you merge this formula field with your template instead.