4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 11:38 PM by c_Shane RSS

Which folders do I back up?

c_Shane Community Member

Greetings,

I have my own backup program, and I need to know which folders to select in order to backup the catalog. I've selected:

%AppData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Shane\

Do I need to select the BreezeData and CAXMPFiles subfolders? What are they for?

BreezeData contains 15,000 files, and CAXMPFiles contains 5,000 files. I don't want to back them up if they are not needed.

Thanks,

Shane.

• 1. Re: Which folders do I back up?
          ~V Adobe Employee

Shane,

Folders BreezeData and CAXMPFiles should be backed up as well as they contain the files generated from Face recognition and Auto Analysis. If you delete BreezeData folder, you would loose the learning that face recognition algo has made to suggest faces/people in your catalog.

Regards,

vaishali

• 2. Re: Which folders do I back up?
            c_Shane Community Member

Does the BreezeData folder contain the actual faces (coordinates of the box and the name of the person), or does it just contain the "learning data"? Or possibly the people tags?

Long time ago someone in this forum said what the "CAXMPFiles" acronym stood for, but I can't find that post anymore. Does anyone know what "CAXMP" stands for?

Thanks,

Shane.

• 3. Re: Which folders do I back up?
              99jon MVP

Most people use the built-in system in Organizer under the File menu. This works best with an external hard drive but CD/DVD disks can also be used.

File >> Backup

File >> Restore

You get a backup of the entire catalog database including your image files.

It’s all very well have in your own system backup but that can involve a lot of manual work in re-connecting the file paths used by Organizer.

• 4. Re: Which folders do I back up?
                c_Shane Community Member

99jon wrote:

It’s all very well have in your own system backup but that can involve a lot of manual work in re-connecting the file paths used by Organizer.

I didn't realize that.

Shane.