• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Webhelp TOC books will not expand (Java Error)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope someone can help!   Our  published project (Webhelp) had been working just fine on IE8.  I'm not sure if there was an update to the browser, but suddenly none of the books will expand and the following Java error displays:  Help! My users are not happy.

Line: 892

Char: 11

Code: 0

URI: http://apps-intranet-dev.avnet.com/em/DevTrain/GenesisTraining/WebHelp/whthost.js

Ps: I made sure my Robohelp software had downloaded the latest updates and then re-published the project. That didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks more like a javascript error, not a java error. Different things.

Please see the Sticky Topic Before You Post and note the section Include the Edition and Version.

Does the output work when accessed from the folder to which you generate, which should be local?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry about that. I did read the Before you Post, but must have missed the Edition/version note. I have RH 10.0.0.287.  

I just tried to launch from the Webhelp folder on my local machine and got the same error.  I did the same operation from my personal lap top and it worked just fine.  I am sure that IT has pushed some kind of update that caused this to happen, but haven't received an answer yet as to what that could have been.  Would knowing that be helpful?

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browsers are you using on which machines?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work machine runs IE8,  my home machine runs IE9.  As of last week, the work machine was doing just fine with IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just learned another piece of the puzzle today. Apparently they installed a Chrome Plug in to IE8.  That is when it stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update:  Help Desk at Adobe says the Chrome Plug in for IE8 is not compatible and they have no solution for me. So..if anyone has any other ideas I'd appreciate it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the cause has been identified, I know we have seen this before. Try a search of the forums. Probably a year or so back. I don't recall there was a solution but could be wrong on that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I did find reference to a similar problem and tried the fix someone posted here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3715435#3715435#3715435

I tried the fix referenced on response #11 for my issue,  but didn't fix it for me.  I have one of my clients's internal programmers taking a look at it. If she finds a fix I'll post it here.

By the way- an even easier fix would be to install IE9. Whatever issue the Google Chrome plug in was having seems to have been fixed with IE9.  Any user that has IE9 installed has no issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

According to IT person versed in Java script, the error seemed to be related to the fact that when the script recogized Google Frame, it was trying to launch Safari. Obvously IE8 did not like that. This fix worked for us:

Edit whver.js in the root of your project  ( also edit any variations you have. For some reason we had several- for example: whver_nc.js)

In around line 27 just before  var gbAIRSSL= false;) 

add:  var gbChromeFrame = (gAgent.indexOf('chromeframe')!=-1);

then at around line 125 add  (just before var gbWhVer=true;)

if(gbChromeFrame)

{

gbSafari = false ;

gbSafari3=false;

}

Hope someone else finds this info useful. I am so grateful to people on this forum willing to help.

Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp