3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 7:12 AM by pixelpeddler

How do I remove an instant movie?

pixelpeddler

I'm a pro at graphic design but a real newbie at movies.... I'm playing around with a 5 minute clip and thought I wanted to add an instant movie. I applied the movie and saved the file (my first mistake). Now I find I don't really like the way the instant movie feature works and want to go back to just a plain, no show, nothing fancy, clip. I know that if I apply another movie, it will change the existing movie, but how do I get rid of it all together without going back to the raw footage????

Using Elements 11 on Windows 7.

Thanks bunches!

Barb

• 1. Re: How do I remove an instant movie?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, if you've already saved your project and closed it, you'll have to just delete the entire InstantMovie for your timeline and re-assemble your clips from scratch.

If you've just create an InstantMovie and you haven't yet closed the program, you can, of course, simply click the Undo button on the Action Bar.

• 2. Re: How do I remove an instant movie?
            VDOSurfer Level 3

....or you could go to the InstantMovie in the Expert room and right click on it and say "Break Apart". This will split the movie into its bare components. You *WILL* get overawed at the complexity of the content, but you can go to the point where you do not like and edit that portion out or modify it to your liking. Editing it after break apart though gives you all the information you need to figure out what changes need to be made and keeps you prepared to all the features this app has to offer.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I remove an instant movie?
              pixelpeddler Level 1

Thanks! I was able to break apart the movie and delete the unwanted theme clips. I also figured out how to delete the audio and the beat bar.  thanks again.