1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 3:25 PM by John T Smith

need help with a budget build

janicecabs

ok my buddy uses pp cs5 to make short 3 to 10 min videos for bands and buisnesses. he needs a new computer bad!!! right now he is using a 3.0 amd phenom quad core with 8 gigs of ram, a none suported ati GC, and one 2tb hdd. he uses a t3i for shooting

he knows nothing about computers, just that his sucks and that the copany he helps eidit for their apple is great.

i started to help him figure out what he could do, to slowly build a new pc to help him out.

right now we have 5 500 gig hdds we are planning on using in a raid 5 config for PP

just a little sata 150mb 320 gig hdd for os (plan one getting a ssd later)

750 watt psu

what we are looking to do is start of buying, MB, CPU,and 16gigs of ram(32 gigs later)

i have always built amd pcs. so i was looking at the fx8350 and a gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 mb. i know that all of you are going to tell me to go with intel and i'm ok with that. i just want the most bang for his buck so he doesn't kill himself

i'm really trying to get the best mb/cpu/gc i can for $500

please let me know what things are over clock to aswell and how they perform. keep in mind that he just started editing video about a year ago. so as he grows so will is setup, he just needs something less frustrating!!!

thanks guys

links to parts would be great