2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 5:01 AM by Dynastion

Is it possible to switch from % to px during the animation?

Dynastion

Hey there,

I am working on an animation on a website but I can't seem to get my animation fully responsive.

I need certain elements to position based upon % of the page when it loads but then they need to stop moving at a fixed position from the top when the animation is done playing. When I use % the stopping position always switches and when I use px the animation doesn't fir in the screen when the screen size changes.

Is there any way to achieve this? I don't know if it's possible to switch from % to px during the animation?

I really like Edge Animate so far and can see a lot of potentials.

Hope you can help me out.

Cheers,

Dominic

• 1. Re: Is it possible to switch from % to px during the animation?
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi there,

There's no way to animate the units of measure, i.e., start with % and then end with px.

However, you could approach solving this problem in a few different ways.

One way would be to make the responsive portion into a responsive symbol instance, hiding the fixed portion (Display:Off) until the symbol animation completes, after which you turn on the fixed elements and hide the symbol. Or you could duplicate the elements and do the same thing as mentioned previously. Or you could start with a responsive comp in your web page, and then load a fixed position comp - if you don't mind the flash as the second comp loads.

hth,

Joe

• 2. Re: Is it possible to switch from % to px during the animation?
            Dynastion Level 1

Hey Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I thought already this wasn't possible. But I just wanted to check.

I now solved it by just making two animations. Not completely what I wanted but I guess there is no other way.

Cheers!