4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 5:39 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Can I copy chapter markers from one timeline to another?

Sebasvideo Community Member

I have a long timeline in Premiere that has many clips with NeatVideo applied, and Premiere has a bug/design flaw for which it doesn't use rendered previews with some 3rd party filters, even when "Use Previews" is selected. So since this takes several hours to render again completely, I decided to render to an AVI file using the Matrox MPEG-2 codec at 300 Mbps, and then render from that file to DVD MPEG 2 would take far less because it transcodes at like 2x real time in my computer. I did this in case the render would crash at some point, so I would be left with at least part of it rendered and ready to be converted.

The problem is that Premiere doesn't export Encore chapters to an AVI file, only to an MPEG-2 DVD file, or if you send the timeline to Encore using Dynamic Link. Since I had set lots of Encore chapter markers in Premiere, I need a way to transfer all those markers to the new Encore timeline I will create once I finish encoding the MPEG-2 DVD file from the AVI file that contains the whole timeline.

So I thought that the best way was to send the timeline from Premiere to Encore using Dynamic Link, which will bring the chapters into Encore, then copy those chapter markers from the DL timeline to the timeline with the MPEG-2 DVD file, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do this?