4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 4:34 PM by the_wine_snob

Ripple delete

Donald Mazer Level 1

On my mac I tried several different ways to ripple-delete. They all delete, but don't ripple to the left?

By the way Steve Grisetti, fn arrows do the job I needed. I also found that Q and W do the same,

Thanks,

Don Mazer

• 1. Re: Ripple delete
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Do you have Audio, or Video Clips, that occupy the area, where you wish the Ripple to take place?

If so, they will prevent the Ripple from occuring. Instead, you can Select just the "following" Clips on that Track, and move them to fill the gap.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Ripple delete
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Glad my suggestion to use the Fn keys worked.

I'm not sure what you mean by " They all delete, but don't ripple to the left?"

If you've got video on Video 1 and on no other tracks and you delete a clip, doesn't the clip to its right move left to fill the gap?

If this isn't happening in your movie, it could be for a couple of reasons -- most likely that you've got video filling the gap on a parallel track. Can you post a screen capture of your timeline showing all of your video and audio tracks so we can see?

• 3. Re: Ripple delete
              Donald Mazer Level 1

Steve,

Thanks, When i remove all video and sound from other tracks, then delete ripple wortks. Isn't there a way to unlink and not remove the other tracks and then ripple delete?

• 4. Re: Ripple delete
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Other than to do the Ripple Edit, before other Clips cover that area of the Timeline, the only choices are as I described above, or as you have done.

Good luck,

Hunt