3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 9:39 AM by Phil.com

APE 11 Line Spacing

Phil.com Level 1

When working in Titles where can I find line and character spacing, kerning.  It looks like it has been eliminated since APE 7. Can I find it in another location? I don't see it in the Adjustments Panels.

Thank you.

Cheers!  Phil

• 1. Re: APE 11 Line Spacing
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, those type-handling functions disappeared with PrE 11. Not sure why, but many have complained over their elimination.

One workaround is to create the Titles in Photoshop, or similar, with type-handling controls, Save_As a PSD to be Imported into PrE. The downside is that those "titles," which are just Image files, can only be edited back in the program used to create them - unlike having a real Title, created in Titler.

Personally, I think that even better type-handling (more Alignment functions, etc.) should have been ADDED to Titler, and no functions should have been removed. I just do not understand that decision.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: APE 11 Line Spacing
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can not change kerning or leading in your titles in version 11. Sorry.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: APE 11 Line Spacing
              Phil.com Level 1

Thank you gentlemen. We will just have to press on with not so great titles.

Well I won't have to feel badly because I could not find them.

Have a nice day!

Cheers!  Phil