15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 5:17 PM by aking57 RSS

Unable to start Bridge in CS6

aking57

I have just installed CS6 from Disc, this runs fine but i am unable to open Bridge, either from within CS6 or by clicking on the Bridge icon in my taskbar.

I have read many forum discussions on this subject but have yet to find one with a good working answer to resolve the issue.

Is there a reason for the prolem Adobe? is there a fix or update? i have already checked that i have the latest updates running in CS6.

I have checked "task manager" on my windows 7 laptop, and it doesnt show any bridge applications running.

PLEASE HELP, i dont want to use $600 software which i saved up for only to find that a part of it doesnt work.

Any suggestions

Andy

• 1. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
          Curt Y Community Member

Do you get an error message?

If you have previous version of Bridge installed check Task Manager Application Tab again.  Look for any instance of Bridge.exe

• 2. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
            aking57 Community Member

i had installed a trial version of CS6 which expired. Do i need to delete that and my new CS6 and re install? I am ont at my laptop right now so will have to try whatever folks suggest later today when i get home

• 3. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
              Curt Y Community Member

Yes, uninstall the CS6 trial.  By the way the trial and purchased version are the same.  You could have entered your s/n on trial and have been good to go.  S/N determine whether it is extended version or not.

• 4. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                aking57 Community Member

thanks i will uninstall cs6 and re install tonight to see if that helps and also check again to see if any instance of bridge is running in task manager.

• 5. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                  aking57 Community Member

well i uninstalled cs6, re installed it , did all the updates and Bridge still wont open. When i try , i get the blue circle for a couple of seconds then nothing, no errors or Bridge. When i try to open in cs6 (64bit) -  File - Browse in Bridge, same thing blue circle for a few seconds then nothing. If i try to " Browse in mini bridge" from the file menu in CS6 the window opens at the bottom with the statement " Bridge must be running to browse files", i click the launch bridge button at the bottom of cs6 and get the message " waiting for bridge CS6"

I have re checked the task manager, applications tab and the olny thing running is CS6.

Whats next please? would Adobe support team know the answer, surely this must be a common problem?

Andy

• 6. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                    Curt Y Community Member

Little confused.  You said you had CS6 trial on machine also.  Said you uninstall CS6 and reinstalled.  What about the trial?

Do you have an SSD and installed your temp file other than on C drive?

Try resetting preferences.  Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window.  Choose all 3 options.

• 7. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                      aking57 Community Member

when i did the uninstall i could only see one version of CS6 to uninstall, i assume that the disc version overwrote the trial version.

i dont have any other drive installed so it installed on my C Drive. I tried holding down  ctrl key but Bridge still wont start.i dont get any reset window.

• 8. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                        aking57 Community Member

Any one have any other ideas please

• 9. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                          Curt Y Community Member

The disk install may have, but not sure.  To be on safe side uninstall CS6, again, then run Adobe Script cleaner.  This will catch any traces of program that the unistall did not.  THen reinstall.

Did you get CS6 from Adobe or some other vendor?

• 10. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                            aking57 Community Member

thx i will try to uninstall again. I got the brand new disc from B&H Photo

• 11. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                              Curt Y Community Member

Script cleaner here.  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Best to accept default locations.  If you want to put specific file in certain locations it can get fouled up.  And do not move files after installation.

• 12. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                                aking57 Community Member

did all the above, uninstalled cs6, ran the script editor then re installed in default location. Exactly the same as before cs6 runs but bridge wont open.

I am now fed up and going to bed.

Hopefully i will have some more suggestions waiting in the morning.

Otherwise i will be on the phone wiht adobe complaining..................

• 13. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                                  aking57 Community Member

Does anyone have any more ideas for me please that i can try out this evening.

• 14. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                                    aking57 Community Member

is Chun Xia Yang still available? he seemd to be able to help  another user on a different discussion on the exact same problem by connecting to his machine and making changes to permissions.

if anyone from Bridge or adobe team  is available to connect with me later today around 5pm est that would be great

• 15. Re: Unable to start Bridge in CS6
                                      aking57 Community Member

Hi all,

Well i tried everything that was suggested, including creating an empty folder in the c:\users\user name\app data\roaming\adobe\bridge cs6. Checking my TEMP folder, uninstalling and running adobe script cleaner, re installing, right clicking the bridge.exe and selecting run in compatability mode, pressing shift, control, alt. Launching bridge from within cs6 or on its own.

I even stood on my head and tried it , lol.

But eventually i cracked it................i created a new user account in control panel/user accounts, and it worked. I can now open bridge on its own or within CS6.

So now i have to move all my hundreds of pictures in LR4 to my new user profile. I intend to keep both profiles and just use the "new" one to run CS6 and work on my pictures.

So to cut a long story short dont waste time with all the other suggestions (as good as they are), just go straight in and create a new user profile and bingo.........

i am now so happy after a week of pulling my hair out.

thanks to all that tried to help me as i am sure you eventually let me down the correct path.........

Andy a happy cs6 and bridge user