3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 1:24 PM by jbowden

Edge Animation Modify/Distribute for text does not work!

LatNWarrior

In creating a navigation I set text on the stage, as follows:  "Home | Amenities | Attractions | others" I formated with, text size 0.90 em. and color,

When I did a modify/distribute it did not work! Is this a bug? What is modify/distribute for if not for text?

Really disappointed as this simple process does not work. I have a cloud account using the latest release of CS6 suite applications.

• 1. Re: Edge Animation Modify/Distribute for text does not work!
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Distribute is working correctly for me. Which distribute option did you use?

Thanks,

Joe

• 2. Re: Edge Animation Modify/Distribute for text does not work!
            LatNWarrior Level 1

Did you try to use Modify Distribute with text formatted as I have it in the above or just text? I have tried it with just text and it does not work for me and I do have the latest Edge upgrade. Please note I am setting up each text word in its separate div in order to animate each word.. I am also renaming it to the same word it represents so Home is named"home".

Hold it I just did a distribute left which did not work but distribute right did work; but when I add a "|"  (Cntrl \)divider it does not work. The dividers gets tangled within the text.. So I need to come up with a way to evenly distribute them into the aligned text.

• 3. Re: Edge Animation Modify/Distribute for text does not work!
              jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi again,

It does work for me...but you have to be careful about the size of the text div vs. the font size.

If by chance one of your pipe character divs is wider than the others (not the font...the div), then that will throw the distribution off, as distribute works from the width and height of the div.

If you continue to have trouble, try using the rectangle tool to make a 1 or 2 px wide div for your separators, and then align and distribute them as needed.

hth,

Joe