2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 4:29 PM by nmbrown

Calculation for Based on Different Conditions

nmbrown

Hi, I have a PDF that has the following columns -

QuantityUnitList PriceDiscount PriceEstimated Price
      2EA$25.00$50.00
      5PK$15.00$45.00
      $95.00

I know that I can use the following fields to make a script, but don't know which would give me what I need: 

Value is the Product, Simplified Field Notation, or Custom Calculation

I am not familiar with JavaScript but would like to know what is the best way to set this up.

I didn't know if I can use conditional scripts available that says:

IF [Quantity 1]* [List Price1] OR [Quantity1] * [Discount Price1] = [Estimated Price1]

After the automatic calculation of each row, I would like to be able to get a Total Estimated Price.

Any help WOULD be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Calculation for Based on Different Conditions
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You will need to use JavaScript for any sort of conditional calculations. It is also needed if you want to suppress any calculated value until the necessary fields are filled in (e.g., display blank if quantity is entered but price isn't).

For the price fields, will those get automatically populated somehow or will the user be entering the prices? For a particular row, will they be able to enter a value in both the list price and the discount price fields? Out of curiosity, will there be a column for the item that's being purchased?

• 2. Re: Calculation for Based on Different Conditions
            nmbrown Level 1

Hi, George -

Users will have to enter the prices and can enter values in both fields for each row.

The form is actually as follows:

Columns labeled Item No., Description, Qty, Unit, List Price, Discount Price, Estimated Price

Rows for item numbers (1-9), but people fill this out various ways (see below) Row 10 is for Estimated Total Price. 

Sometimes a person uses two rows - one for Catalog No and the other for Item Description. 

Sometimes they will cram all of the information on one line - Catalog and Item Description - if it is somewhat readable.

Hope this clarifies things a little more.