Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to play video in any browser

Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having same issue.  i cannot play any videos on any browser.  this happens frequently and is very inflaming.  win7, i7 core, 3.4ghz pc, u/i flash player does not fix the problem, disable h/w accel does not work, install/re-install browser does not work.  quite frankly this is happening way too much, i cannot do my job.  i am truly pissed off. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify the use of HTML5 by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the context menu.

Does other Flash content work for you?  If you go to the page linked below, do you see the animation and Flash Player version number?

Flash Player - Find Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms says its abobe n back n forth I go again. I don't even care enuff to get angry n e more. Just once it would be nice to actually find someone that wants to help. Sometimes the html5 content works most of the time it does not. Flash animation is very choppy. R/s pc again so on iPod. Can't wait to not have to be enslaved by ms and adobe.

Sent from my iPod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try and play the non-html5 video link?  If you right click on the area where the video should be displayed, what does the menu say?

You mention that the HTML5 link does not work most of the time, what happens when it does not?  Do you see anything?

Have you tried scanning your system for malware?  Since Flash is choppy, and your system is clearly powerful enough, something is definitely wrong.  I'd recommend running MalwareBytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) to make sure that nothing intrusive is causing interference.

Finally, can you post the contents of your system's dxdiag report?

Dxdiag Instructions    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont mean to be rude but this is interfering with my work, personal life.  this happens after every update, both with ms and adobe. so i am really at a loss here.  will do as u instructed yet again.

Be Well,

Michael W. Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without answers to some basic troubleshooting steps it'll be hard to help.  I understand the frustration you are going through.  All I can say at this point is that what you are experiencing is not normal behavior for Flash Player.  Hopefully we can get you going again and reduce the frustration level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your patience and help.  It is appreciated.

Be Well,

Michael W. Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be Well,

Michael W. Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both video links you sent me or working.  flashplayer link not as choppy.  malwarebytes quick scan showed no objects.  including the malwarebytes log.  i do not think this is related but will throw it out there.  this issue started today as well, firefox is my browser of choice.  when i exit firefox then come back in later for a new session it is now opening to the last session i was in at close.  no changes made to browser settings...mystery just keeps building. mozilla has no answers either.  anyway attaching m/wbytes log. 

Be Well,

Michael W. Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines