2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 9:18 AM by John T Smith

Intel is leaving the motherboard business

Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Heads up, of course most of us Premiere users in the know would not consider using these for high performance editing systems

Intel to Exit Motherboard Business After Haswell    

• 1. Re: Intel is leaving the motherboard business
          Scott Chichelli Level 3

actually depending on which board/chipset they are often the better option

other boards are a nightmare.. i still remember when they released the X58 and their own raid card made it not post...

or the first 1155 that would not post with 32gig ram :-)

hit and miss with those guys but 3 yr advanced replace was always nice.. hate to see them go for that reason but being a beta tester is no fun either..

• 2. Re: Intel is leaving the motherboard business
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have used Asus and Intel and have had no problems with either brand

I do NOT overclock, so I buy a motherboard based on the features I do want... and the price

My current 3+ year old computer uses Asus (previous used Intel) and the computer I built for my wife last November uses Intel

If (maybe when, not sure about that) I build a new computer for me I will decide on Intel or Asus at the time... IF there is still an Intel model available, otherwise Asus only