2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 9:18 AM by John T Smith

Intel is leaving the motherboard business

Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Heads up, of course most of us Premiere users in the know would not consider using these for high performance editing systems

Intel to Exit Motherboard Business After Haswell    

• 1. Re: Intel is leaving the motherboard business
          Scott Chichelli Level 3

actually depending on which board/chipset they are often the better option

other boards are a nightmare.. i still remember when they released the X58 and their own raid card made it not post...

or the first 1155 that would not post with 32gig ram :-)

hit and miss with those guys but 3 yr advanced replace was always nice.. hate to see them go for that reason but being a beta tester is no fun either..

• 2. Re: Intel is leaving the motherboard business
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have used Asus and Intel and have had no problems with either brand

I do NOT overclock, so I buy a motherboard based on the features I do want... and the price

My current 3+ year old computer uses Asus (previous used Intel) and the computer I built for my wife last November uses Intel

If (maybe when, not sure about that) I build a new computer for me I will decide on Intel or Asus at the time... IF there is still an Intel model available, otherwise Asus only