• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CS6

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to download the 30 day free trial. I was able to successful download the Adobe Download Assistant. CS6 will begin the download process successful, but when it's in the last stage of the download, the extracting process, it comes up with an error message stating I do not have the space necessary on my computer. I know the program only takes a handful of MB to download and I have 201 MB of space left on my hard drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your expectations are quite a ways off as far as what kind of space you need to install Premiere CS6.  I believe the specs require at least 4GB for installation.  Here's a link to the specs...

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see. Ok so what I'm seeing here is the recommended  space is 10 GB. Is there another reason it would tell me I don't have enough space for the 10 GB when I have 201 GB of free space on my hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Download Assistance is only 3-4 mb file but CS6 Premiere requires atleast 4 Gb of Hard Drive Space to download and install. Please try to empty the Temp file.

Windows

1. Open run and type %temp%

2. Delete everything.

Mac

1. Go-Go to Folder-/tmp

2. Empty everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a program that cleans all temporary files automatically. In fact, I just ran it yesterday. There should be space there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theat cute little program could in fact be your problem - it blocks temporary folders by monitoring them all too eagerly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I wouldn't think so at first glance. I've had the program for about a year now and have never had complications with it before. The program is actually highly recommended. My father, who has been a computer programmer now for about 25 years, originally recommended the program to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original posting states 201 MB not GB, so if it is GB then it will not likely be a lack of drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Typo on my part. My computer does in fact have 201 GB of space. I can't imagine a computer with only 201 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can, had one with even less than that but I scrapped it about 15 years ago after it had served out its useful life... I'm sure your father can attest to such machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! I can only imagine that! Seems pointless really!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines