4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 12:43 PM by Cazmond

Is there a manual for PS Touch?

Cazmond

I need to merge images from two photos but even looking at the tutorials I can't understand how to do this.  Any help would be very much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Is there a manual for PS Touch?
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

If you're familiar with Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements) for the desktop, you already know that that application's power lies in its use of layers. PS Touch is no different in this regard.

Because of the innumerable uses of layers, I can't begin to tell you what you need to do. I know that you have two layers but I don't know how you want to blend them together. Do you want to do this artistically? Do you want to take one part of one image and add it into the other?

ON EDIT: Oh, and there's no manual for PS Touch that I know of.

• 2. Re: Is there a manual for PS Touch?
            Cazmond Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  I am a nail tech and want to combine an image of a hand before a treatment with an image of the opposite hand after a treatment but as I am not used to using Photoshop I'm afraid I don't know how to do this. The tutorials aren't that helpful if you don't know what any of the symbols mean!

• 3. Re: Is there a manual for PS Touch?
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

TUTORIAL TIME!

This assumes that you have your two images residing in your device already. Note also my screenshots may differ from yours depending on mobile OS being used (Android 4.1.2 in my case). The manner should be the same, however.

Note this technique works best for images that have a similar or the same background. It's also the fastest.

Tap each image to enlarge if you can't see any details.

I browse to the first photo for the project

step-1.jpg

I browse to where the images reside.

step-2.jpg

The first image inserted. I tap the "add image" icon in the upper left, second icon from right.

step-3.jpg

I browse as I did before for the first image. The second image, inserted, waiting for me to confirm by tapping the checkmark.

step-4.jpg

Both images now in the project. Now the magic begins.

step-5.jpg

Next, I tap the ampersand icon in the upper right, second icon from the right, then tap, "Fade," in the pop-up menu that appears.

step-6.jpg

I'll want to choose a fade depending on the location of the objects in each layer. In this case, I chose a fade that has 100% opacity on the left (indicated by total red) and gradually fades into 100% transparency on the right (indicated by a greyscale checkerboard). Arrow 1 points to the fade chosen. Arrow 2 points to the handle I will tap and drag to the right to adjust the amount of fade between the two layers.

step-7.jpg

The result. I then tap the checkmark in the lower central right.

step-8.jpg

The final image. Note how the topmost layer fades into the bottom layer in the layer panel in the lower right.

step-9.jpg

I can then save this project and export as usual. And that's it. If you have any questions, just ask. 

• 4. Re: Is there a manual for PS Touch?
                Cazmond Level 1

Hi again.  I managed to merge the two pics so many thanks for the detailed instructions!