2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 6:24 PM by paulparks

My Search Tab Lists Topics But the Topics Don't Display When I Click the Link

paulparks

I've started using RoboHelp 10. When I upload my Help to a Client's ftp server and run the Help function, the topics display on the list of returned results, but when I click a link, the topic doesn't display. I can see that the url for the topic is correct when I hover over the link, so I'm not sure why the function doesn't work.

• 1. Re: My Search Tab Lists Topics But the Topics Don't Display When I Click the Link
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

What is the format you are trying to use? CHM? WebHelp? FlashHelp? WebHelp Pro? AIR? MultiScreen (HTML 5)?

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: My Search Tab Lists Topics But the Topics Don't Display When I Click the Link
            paulparks Level 1

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. Funny you should ask about FlashHelp. That doesn't work at all, but that's an issue for another day. It's WebHelp that I'm working with; just a standard Help System that ties in to an application that I've documented for these guys.

I think part of the problem is that I had a laptop crash right around the end of the year, and I'm just using the 'Backup' folder on my Desktop that was created for me when I bought a new machine (with Windows 8 on it, which might be a problem), and the place where I bought it transferred over the files from the old machine. That might be the cause of it, but I'm not sure why what would matter, and I was going to try and copy the project over to my C drive next.

The project compiles but the Search doesn't work locally either, and I fortunately noticed that it wasn't working on the server before I went live with all these updates that I need to post. If you need any additional information, let me know.

Paul