0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 12:06 AM by Pixelbud

Changing the search graphic

Pixelbud Level 1

Hi there

i changed the grphic to the search button. I did the folowing as suggested by the catalyst help files.

<input class="searchbutton" value="Search" type="submit">  

To:

<input name="submit" class="cat_button" src="/images/button.gif" type="image">  

Where /images/button.gif is the path to your image.

The image wont line up and now the submit on the button won't work. I contacted support but they told me its an issue at my end. I am not o coder so not really sure how i can argue with that ********. I added the code changed it as suggested and now it wont work, can someone please help me.

this is the code i have in the template.

<table align="center" style="width: 966px; background-image: url(http://www.skillingaustralia.com/menu.jpg);" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="width: 10px; height: 50px;"> </td>

<td style="width: 606px; height: 50px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top;"><br />

{module_menu,1215761}</td>

<td style="width: 360px; height: 50px; text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;">

<form name="catsearchform29693" action="/Default.aspx?SiteSearchID=-1&amp;PageID={module_oid}" method="post">

<div class="search-box">

<input name="CAT_Search" class="cat_textbox_small" id="CAT_Search" type="text"></input><a href="/search-results"><input name="submit" class="cat_button" type="image" src="/search.png"></input></a></div>

<a href="/search-results">

</a>

</form>

<a href="/search-results">

</a></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

when i change the code back to the system button it works again. Support tell me that shows there is an issue with what i have done. can someone please help me out.

Thanks

Al