13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 4:47 AM by amirrahim1

SharePoint and Edge

Chris Lenhart Level 1

I have recently taken a position within the Department of Defense. My location uses older software (they just made the change to SharePoint 2010) and they want me to start suggesting big changes for their sites. My question is, how can Adobe Edge integrate into SharePoint if at all. Will it allow me to build custom web parts that can live within SharePoint? Can I create animation and then export it as Javascript?

I'm just trying to get as much accurate information as I can before I try to sell them on the Creative cloud option.

Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: SharePoint and Edge
          kyboone21 Level 1

We also use sharepoint and I would also like to integrate AE into our sharepoint site. It would be interesting to know what Adobe has to say concerning this. Inquiring from sharepoint techs might also provide some answers as to how well these two programs can get along together. Anxious to hear what Adobe has to say.

• 2. Re: SharePoint and Edge
            Robingram1

That don't, or at least I am having a hell of a time to get them to work together today. I have a cool button that I was planning to use SP Services with to put the data from a SP2010 list, but I can not seem to get the prodect to display on the page...

Lost!

• 3. Re: SharePoint and Edge
              Robingram1 Level 1

Okay, after some work I was able to get it to work in Google Chrome, but that is it so far.

I had to change all link from relative links to absolute links in both the HTML and EdgePreload flies. The links are located at the bottom of the EdgePreload file.

Still not able to get it working in IE9 or FireFox....

• 4. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                David Sohriakoff

Anything that you put on sharepoint you need to create a div tag. When you add your edge project you need to set it it's own "frame" body tag using a div.

This is what I do:

I use the web parts sript editor and paste in the code:

<style>

.edgeframe {
                    background: #FFF;
                margin-top: 50px;
                }

</style>
                </head>

<div class="edgeframe">

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html"   width="900" height="600" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="This is where you save your html document... backend -in a document library">
                  </object>

make sure all 5 parts are together. the 3java script files, the images folder, and the html file that you link to in the code above (data=")

I know you posted this over a year ago. I'm interested if you have found a way to make the responsive layout work inside of SharePoint.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                  Chris Lenhart Level 1

I still haven't had much luck. We are moving away from Silverlight as an option since it's going away, but I had really hoped something would fill that void. Edge and HTML5 looked promising. I'll keep checking in. Thanks for posting, I'll give this a shot.

• 6. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                    jkostreva

I posted this chunk of code into the web part HTML source editor as suggested. The web part will populate with the Edge Animate material. However, if the page is refreshed it will disappear. You are then unable to reenter the code with any success. Any other suggestions?

• 7. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                      Frank VA

Hi Chris,

I work for the Dept of Veteran Affairs, and we just recently had CC installed and like you, I was wondering about SharePoint support for Animate outputs as well. I haven't yet begun to experiment, but will be following this thread and will post anything I discover.

Thank you for you input David. That looks like a good starting point for me.

Frank

• 8. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                        David Sohriakoff Level 1

Everything before SharePoint 2013 doesn't work well. - Other
                        than using <script editor> (there's a lot of tweaking with this and it doesn’t
                        work well with most browsers), I link parts of my web pages to my Edge
                        projects... I place those 4 Edge files in a separate library within SharePoint
                        <Sites content>. I also hide the SharePoint navigation bar so people
                        don't see the libraries (I made my own with some simple HTML and CSS. see the
                        picture attached). For example: The Materials tab links directly to the .html
                        file that I made in Edge. I guess the key take away is - place your published
                        Edge projects in a SharePoint library and link to them. You are basically
                        creating your own pages instead of using SharePoint. I wish I could show you my
                        work, but it's for internal customers at this time.

Navigation.PNG

• 9. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                          Jakes Cusack

Hello All, has anyone managed to get this working in SharePoint 2013? I created a script editor and added the

<div class="edgeframe">

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html"   width="900" height="600" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="This is where you save your html document... backend -in a document library">
                          </object>

Part of the code and linked it to the .html file within a separate document library within the same site but it tries to save the .html file instead of showing it within the page?

Has anybody got this to work???

This would be a game changer!!!!!

Thanks in advance

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

I got this to work by adding the mimeType through the SP Admin Console

this is the command

Add-SPAllowedInlineDownloadedMimeType -WebApplication https://mysite -MimeType "text/html"

I have only added this to the a test instance because I am not sure on the security risks yet?

does anybody know of the risks allowing this might cause?

J

• 10. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                            David Sohriakoff Level 1

Yes, This works for me. But not all the responsive feature work.

I placed all of my edge files in the same location as my .html file. This is all that I place inside of the script editor:

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>title</title>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<script src="dist/html5shiv.js">

</script>

<![endif]-->

<style>

.edgeframe {
                                background: #FFF;
                               }

</style>

</head>

<div class="edgeframe">

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html"   width="900" height="600" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="http://sitename_v4.html">
                              </object>

</div>

</html>

When does it try to save the .html file instead of showing it within the page?

• 11. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                              David Sohriakoff Level 1

I'm also using a .aspx page body layout if that helps...

• 12. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                                amirrahim1 Level 1

I am with the Department of Justice and I want to know the same thing, combine AE with SP 2010. At home I subscribe to SP 2013.... if I see answers I will post here.

• 13. Re: SharePoint and Edge
                                  amirrahim1 Level 1

Yes, this is helpful!

1 person found this helpful