1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2007 8:06 AM by Newsgroup_User

problems with pop up menus

tsheridan
      I have a pop up menu that quit working. It's been working fine, I made some changes and now it won't work. When you scroll over the button, you see "javascript:;" in the bottom left corner, but the pop up menu will not appear. It works in both Dreamweaver & Fireworks when I preview in the browser however. I have tried exporting the files to their own folder, which is what I normally do. I have tried exporting them to the main directory where the pages are. I have tried having the mm_css_menu.js file in the pop up menu's directory and in the main directory, and in both! Why will it preview in the browser just fine and not work after I upload it? Funny thing is, this pop up menu has been working fine for years. the URL is www.tsheridanenterprises/Lazy S Morgans/lazy_s_morgans.htm. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: problems with pop up menus
          Level 7
          I'd say the problem relates to the broken links in the code -

<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript"
          src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/Theresa/My Documents/Dreamweaver8
          Webs/LazyS/lsm/image_map/mm_css_menu.js"></script>
          <link href="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/Theresa/My
          Documents/Dreamweaver8 Webs/LazyS/CSS/Level1_Verdana.css" rel="stylesheet"
          type="text/css" />
          ...snip...

<script src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/Theresa/My
          Documents/Dreamweaver8 Webs/LazyS/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js"
          type="text/javascript"></script>

Anything that starts with file:/// is broken. Note that there are 9
          consecutive broken links to the same stylesheet in the head of the page, as
          well.

By the way, it's dangerous to leave spaces in your file/pathnames as you
          have here -

http://www.tsheridanenterprises.com/Lazy S Morgans/lazy_s_morgans.htm

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"tsheridan" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fhurpc$om9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a pop up menu that quit working. It's been working fine, I made some
          > changes and now it won't work. When you scroll over the button, you see
          > "javascript:;" in the bottom left corner, but the pop up menu will not
          > appear.
          > It works in both Dreamweaver & Fireworks when I preview in the browser
          > however.
          > I have tried exporting the files to their own folder, which is what I
          > normally
          > do. I have tried exporting them to the main directory where the pages are.
          > I
          > have tried having the mm_css_menu.js file in the pop up menu's directory
          > and in
          > the main directory, and in both! Why will it preview in the browser just
          > fine
          > and not work after I upload it? Funny thing is, this pop up menu has been
          > working fine for years. the URL is www.tsheridanenterprises/Lazy S
          > Morgans/lazy_s_morgans.htm. Thanks.
          >