2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 4:42 AM by ljonny18

pusing 2 complex components to one tileList

ljonny18
      Hi

In a nutshell – I need a way to push 2 separate components needing 2 separate item renderers into one tileList – letting me set the width of the tileList to 100%.

I am wanting to use a tileList containing 2 separate components and move the contents of the tileList onto a new line / row when it reaches the browser / application width limit.

For example if a tileList consists of many “circle” components (“circle.as”), and the width of the tileList can only fit 10 of these components per row, then the tileList should force / place the remainder amount of components onto a new line – which it can!

E.g. if there are 15 circle components within the tileList, the first level row should contain 10 circle components and the bottom row should contain the 5 remaining etc….

This works fine simply by giving the width of the tileList a percentage width of 100%

However, if you need to add more than one type of compoenet to a tileList how can you keep this functionality of pushing components onto a new row / level of a tileList???
      This is my current problem!

E.g. lets now introduce a square component called “Sqaure.as” and I want to add this square component to the same tileList that my circle component is added to.

Additionally, my components are complex therefore needing there own distinct item rendered!!! – Can I still add them to the same component using two speerate item renderers???

Due to the fact that I neend 2 separate item renderers for my components (circle and square) I decided to (as a work around) use 2 separate tileLists to display my components, and then push these 2 tileLists together aligning them horizontally so they look like they are on the same row etc….

This works, however, I now loose the functionality of pushing the components to a new row within the Tilelist(s) as I have to manually work the needed widths of each tileList depending on the amount of compontens within the tileLists - therefore this is not a dynamic / percentage width.

Basically in a nutshell – I need a way to push 2 separate components needing 2 separate item renderers into one tileList – letting me set the width of the tileList to 100% and allowing the functionality I desire.

if anyone could help me out on this one - it would be much appreciated
      Thanks,
      Jon.