• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 WebHelp problem with Next and Previous Topic buttons

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Next Topic and Previous Topic buttons don't work as expected. For example, if I navigate to several topics and click Previous Topic, I expect to see the most recent topic that I viewed (similar to using the Back button in a browser to see the previous page). However, the Previous button is either not available or takes the user to a random topic, and the Next Topic never brings up the next topic.

I inherited this project, my first experience with RH9, and so am not sure whether the previous author included something in the project to make the buttons show up or whether these buttons are part of the default WebHelp interface. I've looked in the Single Source Layout properties for each output, but don't see any place to specify info about these buttons.

As you'll see in the screen capture, this is not about Browse sequences (I saw that there were other questions about Next and Previous as related to Browse sequences).

All help appreciated because this bug was found by QA and they'd like to fix the problem in the next patch ...

Carol1-25-2013 11-09-41 AMNextPrevProblem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Hi,

Those buttons above the TOC are buttons for the browse sequence. And that would explain their behaviour.

Do you mean any other buttons? Am I missing something?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Those buttons above the TOC are buttons for the browse sequence. And that would explain their behaviour.

Do you mean any other buttons? Am I missing something?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, William.

I thought that the Browse sequence buttons were related to the breadcrumbs in each topic pane. I guess I have to create a browse sequence then for each of the five TOCs. I’ll look in the Help for more info.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp