• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

index panel's popup windows are clipped in MSIE 10

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing a problem with our RoboHelp 10 generated web help, and I'm hoping someone more RoboHelp-saavy can cast me a pearl or two.

this is what I want, and see on other browsers:

RoboHelp popup MSIE 9.png

This is what MSIE-10 does. Note the popups are the same size, but the text is too large in MSIE, so it gets clipped.

RoboHelp popup MSIE 10.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this a little more closely it seems like it is not just the font size that is different but the font also. I think what is happening is that IE is substituting the font specified in the output for a default font - probably Times New Roman. Why it is doing this I don't know.

Is this happening on all projects you generate? Try using one of the supplied dummy projects and see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is simply the browser default font?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, a correction.  I wish I could change the title to "... in MSIE 10". 

Second, our doc writer generated webhelp for the sample project "EmployeeCare".  It too looks bad in MSIE 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can and have changed the title.

Is the help being generated on a Windows 7 or 8 machine? Rh10 was released before the final version of Windows 8. If done on Windows 8, can you install on a Windows 7 machine in trial mode to compare?

Please also respond re browser default font.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Thanks, Peter, for the title change. 

2) It's my understanding that the doc-writer did the generation on Win7.

3) How does one change the default font in Win8/MSIE10?  I've found the 'gear icon' on the right hand side, but don't see anything there or in the system control panels that suggest "default font".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot access W8 IE10 until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are set where they always have been. Internet Options > General Tab > Appearance > Fonts

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? We are having the same problem with index entries that reference multiple topics. We have the same issue occuring and changing fonts has not seemed to resolve it. We also have installed the patch that was referenced in a separate post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this was every resolved, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp