1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 10:57 AM by Michael Witherell

Master Pages for Paperback Book

swedish59

I am trying to set up 2 master pages for a paperback book. The A Master will be for the text pages and has a top margin of 15mm. The B Master will be for the Chapter Heading pages and has a top margin of 30mm. I have imported the text using the A Master page. The first page of the document needs to be a B master page. Similar to Quark, I place the B Master on top of the A Master in the Pages palette. The margin moves to its new position of 30mm, but the text doesnt move to its new position of 30mm, it stays at 15mm. Why is this? It works in Quark. Do I have to move the text box manually every time I make the A Master a B Master.

• 1. Re: Master Pages for Paperback Book
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

In InDesign CS6, there there is something new for you to read about, similar to QXP, kinda sorta: Primary Text frame.

If you make an A Master and give it a primary text frame; then make a B Master and also give it a primary text frame; then, when you drag the B master icon onto the local page with an A master, the B master replaces the A master on that page, and the text flowing in your primary text frame reconfigures it margins, too. Remember, it is a good idea to let text frames align to margins.