4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 4:22 PM by zech3

Text poor quality after Export

zech3 Level 1

I'm having some pretty poor quality text rendering after export. The video appears fine otherewise. I am exporting to YouTubeSD not HD, though I wouldn't think that would matter. [?]

I'm pretty new to the complexities of film editing. So, I can't answer much about the video source files other than that they are MP4 converted originally from analog files written to DVD. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the titles at all since all text created thru PP Title Editor. [?]

Here's a screenshot of settings. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 1.21.19 PM.png

• 1. Re: Text poor quality after Export
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Make sure the text is not Serif (with tails) or similar fancy stuff with thin lines. That is the first thing to check.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor

• 2. Re: Text poor quality after Export
            zech3 Level 1

Sorry- I meant to add this is CS5.5

Jeff- I've been using this same font for other projects without problem. This just started happening on this project. Yes, it is a serif font but no problems before. It's always rendered well [Adobe Arabic].

———————————————————————

Message was edited by: zech3  APOLOGIES-  when I searched this issue, I didn't see my exact problem and the post below [ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/705407?tstart=0 ] just got resurrected from 2010, it didn't appear in my search... though I'm not sure our issue is identical...

Here's a better screenshoht:

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 2.06.54 PM (2).png

And some screen shots of titles:

BEFORE text rendering problem. From a project last year, this typeface is skinnier but rendered much better!

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 2.17.04 PM.png

AFTER text rendering problem started. This is the current typeface that, even though a heavier typeface, renders horribly!!

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 2.18.56 PM.png

I should add that the titles seem to flicker a bit when transitions are applied to the start or end of title clip.

• 3. Re: Text poor quality after Export
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

I would try a 2 pass VBR encoding. See if that works for you.

• 4. Re: Text poor quality after Export
                zech3 Level 1

Didn't make a diff, but thanks for the idea. Any other thoughts? You think bit rate could affect text rendering?

2-Pass VBR:

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 4.20.14 PM (2).png