1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 5:42 PM by heathrowe

I'm confused about using local fonts in my Edge Animate designs...

RuesterProd Level 1

http://blogs.adobe.com/edge/2012/01/27/web-fonts-and-edge-together-at-last/

According to the above blog, it should be possible to have Edge Animate recognize local fonts, but a few moderators are saying it's not yet possible... (I did try the method above and it did not work, but it seems like a reputable blog...) this is a screenshot of what I tried to do with the code from above: Edge_Animate_Font.JPG

The "Welcome" "Portfolio" etc is styled using @font-face in my original html document that I imported into Edge, but the "Test" div I want to have the same style - I want to be able to create new divs within Edge and keep the same fonts...

So.... is there a way to use local fonts in Edge, or no?

Thanks all,

Aza

• 1. Re: I'm confused about using local fonts in my Edge Animate designs...
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Yes it is possible, apologies if my other answer mislead you.

In your case it appears to be a case of incorrect reference.

In your Asset > Font dialog creation process you reference your font family with underscores separating the title

example: 'waukegan_ldo_extended', Tahoma, sans-serif

BUT, in your .css files, your fontface reference does not.

example: font-family: 'waukegan ldo extended';   << notice no underscores

These two references should match exactly. As a tip, I would recommend to use a single word like WaukeganLdoExtended.

hth

Darrell