6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2013 12:05 PM by leynats9

Help to increase exporting time?

leynats9

I have been working on several animated videos (in CS6) for the last few weeks but as of last night, the exporting times have slowed down by up to 4x the usual speed. I am on a very tight deadline and hoping someone can help? I am working on a Mac Pro. Thanks

• 1. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
          BenjaminMarkus Level 4

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

• 2. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Accidentally enabled MP rendering? Also flush/ disable the disk caches....

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
              leynats9 Level 1

Hope this helps... answered the questions as best I could

• What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update).

CS6 11.0.2.11

YES

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

MacPro OS X Version 10.8.2

Processor: 2x2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

• What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Multiple.. Mainly Photoshop CS6 compositions as well as .png files and 1 H.264 in .mov container

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

N/A

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

I am [trying] to export my composition. The full composition is 12min42sec but I have started trying to do sections at a time and am currently export 1min56sec of the composition

• Has this ever worked before?

YES. I have export 5 similar compositions prior to the current one.

• What other software are you running?

None while exporting.

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

Yes - Auto Lip Sync

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.

See above for Processor and memory info.

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Additional External Hard Drives: 1, connected with Firewire (I am not exporting out or from this hard drive but am using files from it)

Not that I am aware of, no

• Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both?

Mainly with final output

I haven't been but just turned it on for this last export

• What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?

File, Export > Add to Render Queue, Settings for Render: Best Quality, H264, Render... wait

• 4. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
                leynats9 Level 1

No and I cleaned the disk cache. Still extremely slow

• 5. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you verified the integrity of your source files? If it happens on just this one project/ composition, itr may be soemthing specific there...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Help to increase exporting time?
                    leynats9 Level 1

Any idea what to look for? The source files are all very similar to what I have used in the other projects.