5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 8:32 AM by bertyhell123456
      • 1. Re: My latest site
        salesdigital Level 1

nice and clean!

• 2. Re: My latest site
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Awesome

I am seeing different behaviors with the browsers. Ie10 there are no 'click' or mouseover actions occurring.

Chrome seems to 'skip' a beat with some of the circlular rotations occuring on its own.

Love the concept and the crisp graphics.

Darrell

• 3. Re: My latest site
            bertyhell123456 Level 1

have you tried it in IE9?

it's a disaster

http://pbrd.co/Wa9VCr

apperantly svg images with a css transform on them, are not getting rendered very well.

• 4. Re: My latest site
              salesdigital Level 1

ouch -

what if you did the "transforms" in illustrator - and then exported that svg or png for that matter, both produce a file of approxiately the same k.

i did a quick test, displays fine in ie9  http://salesdigital.com/bendsvg/

i also noticed the mouseover on the features button is fiddly.  are you using a transparent hit zone?

i think a few small replacements would make this shine across the board.

great work!

keith

• 5. Re: My latest site
                bertyhell123456 Level 1

for the text transformations this could be the case (the bend effect is already done in illustrator)

only the rotation effect isn't --> this could be an improvement on my part

but the grey button background is the same file rotated 5 times (1/5th of the filesize)

i first tried to do those circlesegments with css box-radius and clip and transform: rotate --> but the mouse hit test doesn't take the css clip-property in account.

the mouse over is done on the svg grey circlesegment. but because the hover effect makes the segment transparent i had to add a css segment behind it so you wouldn't see the hidden content behind those buttons.

The combination of svg text with behind it an animated semi transparent svg with behind that a css generated circlesegment is indeed pretty heavy to render.

most of these problems are fixable but would probably increase filesize.