8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2013 8:26 AM by James G Maker

PPBM5 instructions for cs6?

James G Maker Level 1

I downloaded the PPBM for CS5.5  (for CS5.5 and CS6 only) and tried to run it using the instructions verbatim.

From the very start, nothing went as instructioned.  Ppro said that they had to upgrade the files to use them to CS6 format.

Is there a seperate set of instructions for running this on CS6? 

I thought of downloading the new PPBM6 from PPBM7 webpage, but I can't find any results to compare the results I would come up with.  It looks like several users have used the PPBM5 on systems running CS6 and there are several results available.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

James

• 1. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
          fred tyler Level 1

I have always been to embarrassed to ask, I could not do the test with cs6. I am the fred currently 4th on PPBM5. When I tried test with cs6 some stuff doesn't appear as in instructions. I just thought it was me.

But hey I am only a photographer.

• 2. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As you are using a file saved in Pr CS5.5 when you open it in the next generation (CS6) it will always want to name the project file with an added "_1).  In this case sust remove the "_1" from the name and proced to overwrite the file

• 3. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
              James G Maker Level 1

I tried renaming the converted file before I hit save by removing the _1 and tried to plod along with the test.

There's a whole bunch of things that differ from how it looks on my screen with CS6 and the readme instructions provided.

I'm very new at this P-Pro and can't really wing it when the "roadmap" doesn't exactly match the terrain.

Double clicking the script at the end created the output.txt , but it was empty and I got an error message.

Adding up the 3 times in AME show around 250, but I know I'm missing the total score.  MPE on time???

The benchmark instructions on the website state "Complete directions are included in the ZIP file. Create a directory called PPBM on your Premiere project disk"

The Zipped directions keep directing me to the PPBM5 directory.  I never created one with that name.  Could this be part of the reason the script didn't work?

• 4. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?

James G Maker wrote:

Double clicking the script at the end created the output.txt , but it was empty and I got an error message.

Adding up the 3 times in AME show around 250, but I know I'm missing the total score.  MPE on time???

What is the error message?  Are your output files located in the project directory?  If you export them to another place CUT and paste them (do not Copy) to the script location.  Also make sure they are named exactly as the instructions.

If your score is around 250 and you have decent CUDA MPE acceleration the missing score will probably be a single digit number.so your rank will be about #300 which with Premiere CS6's higher scores is not bad.(when you look at all the scores select the "Version" tab at the top and check CS6)  On the 110 CS6 submittals you are will be about 1/3 the way dowm the list.

• 5. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
                  James G Maker Level 1

Bill

Here's a screenshot that should answer your questions.  I'm pretty sure they're all in the right place.

ScriptError.jpg

• 6. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
                    James G Maker Level 1

still looking for an answer

• 7. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?

Sorry James I missed this..  Since the you are getting an overflow on line 121 I am guessing that you may have copied and pasted some results into the PPBM folder.  That changes the created time and will give you an overflow condition.  If you cut and paste it does not change the two times (created and modified) that we have subtract to get the elapsed times. 

• 8. Re: PPBM5 instructions for cs6?
                        James G Maker Level 1

I followed the instructions as close as I could.  I didn't send the exports to my other raid0.  I'm guessing that would make it run faster.  Then I would have to cut and paste.  The screen shot above is where all the files ended up after running the test.  I didn't need to move any.

I'm thinking that reading and exporting to the same disk gives a raid3 an advantage???

Using both raid0 drives for the test by not following the instructions would create a better score but require the cut and paste???