4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 9:33 AM by drjackie1

How do I create a chapter index?

drjackie1

I have created a video on learning calligraphy and cannot find any info in PP5.5 on how to create a chapter index.  How do I insert Encore markers?   Is Encore included with PP?

• 1. Re: How do I create a chapter index?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Encore is included with PrPro, as of CS 3. Is your PP5.5 CS 5.5?

If so, you can add Encore Markers to the Timeline, then use ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) to send that Sequence to Encore (so long as it was installed along with PrPro). Then, in Encore, you can create a Chapter Index.

If you need information on Encore, there is an active forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore/encore_general

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do I create a chapter index?
            drjackie1 Level 1

HI, Bill,

You are the top guru of Encore!  I saw each of your videos twice (or

more) to teach myself that software.

I created the Chapter Index, two submenus, and 21 buttons in

Photoshop.  I have them all connected correctly, but now I see that my

Timeline shows many images and the video itself offline.  Do I have to

start over?  I dread those red blocks!

Jacqueline

P.S. I couldn't get some of the button images to go to the Button menu

even though I had made them Smart Objects.  I read one of your online

instructions and discovered the Layers palette in Encore.  That did the

trick.  Thanks again!  You are THE MAN!

--

My website: www. jacquelineoriginals.com, also featured on Etsy and

Zazzle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jacquelineoriginals?ref=shop_sugg,

and http://www.zazzle.com/jo1zaz+gifts

• 3. Re: How do I create a chapter index?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jacqueline,

1. First question - of those 21 Chapters/Buttons, how many are on one Scene Selection Menu?
              2. Next - is your Project SD (Standard Definition) Standard 4:3, SD Widescreen 16:9, or HD (High Definition)? There are limits to Buttons for each, and they differ from 36 for SD Standard 4:3, and then 18 for SD Widescreen 16:9 and HD - that is for ALL Buttons, and not just the Scene Selection Buttons, i.e. Next, Previous, Main Menu, etc.

As for Smart Objects, I have had some issues getting those to properly function, as Buttons, or segments of Buttons, from Photoshop to Encore. When I have encountered those, I have just Rasterized the Smart Objects, and that has cleared up the problems for me.

Though En does offer some functionality in editing Menus, I always use Edit in Photoshop. The only exception is with my Menu Color Sets, which MUST be set/adjusted in En, as Photoshop cannot do that yet.

Good luck, and I think the only reason that I am "up the list" in the Encore Forum is that I am old and have been around for a long time...

Good luck, and happy authoring,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How do I create a chapter index?
                drjackie1 Level 1

HI, Bill,

I'm old, too, (74) and just learning Encore.  Attached are screen

shots of my Chapter Index and 2 submenus. I believe my project is SD.

Everything seems to be connected.

Now, my latest problem is the offline images/clips.  I was using an

external drive, but realize that is a no-no.  This morning I made sure

everything is on the hard drive.

Should i go back to Premiere Pro, make sure everything is online and

re-import the video?  I guess that means starting over, but I'm used to

that.  Is there any way Encore could pick up the offline images?

Age is mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Jacqueline

--

My website: www. jacquelineoriginals.com, also featured on Etsy and

Zazzle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jacquelineoriginals?ref=shop_sugg,

and http://www.zazzle.com/jo1zaz+gifts