6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 10:11 PM by Ed VanWieren RSS

How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?

Ed VanWieren

I imported a bunch of images (I had to re-create my catalog due to file system restructuring), the tags came in nicely, but a bunch are "People". How do I move those from "Keywords" to "People Tags"?

• 1. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?
          mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

It is just a matter of dragging and dropping the tags from the Keyword Tags Panel on to your photos whilst you are in the Organizer window.

The panel looks like this:

2013-01-28_0510.png

• 2. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?
            Ed VanWieren Community Member

Thank you again your efforts.

I am use PSE 11. In this case, I believe that has a dramatic impact. In the image below, I have no ability to drag from the portion above the line to below the line. I would like the tags to appear amongst the newly added "People Tags". These tags have been added to PSE 11 and did not exist prior to. In previous versions, People tags were treated the same as any other. In the screen shot, you can see those tags (sorted manually by myself) above the line.

2013-01-27 22-23-39.png

• 3. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?
              andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

Hi Ed,

You can add people tags in PSE11 by using "Add People" button present on the bottom action panel.

You just need to select image -> click Add People and name the person. Corresponding tag will be created in this People Tags panel as well as in the People View.

Alternatively, you can "Add a person" by right clicking an image and choosing "Add a person".

Also you can Mark face in an image explicitly. Double click the image to bring it in Single Image View and use "Mark Face" button present on bottom action panel.

Thanks
              Andaleeb

• 4. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?

I do understand that I can manually add a bunch of people.

I have MANY MANY people that I would like to 'add'. I have imported the tags, and I would like to simply 'copy' or 'move' them to the "People Tags".

• 5. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?
                  andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

Alright...

If you have converted the catalog, the people tags from previous version should have come directly into "People Tags" header, as you pointed out. You don't need to import them separately.

But in your case, I guess you imported the tags.xml which means the people tags in that xml will be treated no differently from others, in this catalog. I think the only way is to use the older People tags as normal tags and run People Recognition afresh.

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 6. Re: How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Yes. When I had first converted, all was fine. I have since recreated the catalog due to many file system changes and re imported the images.

I had the feeling that I would have to recreate the people tags.

Is it correct to assume the the people tags have additional information pertaining to facial recognition and positioning of the people within a frame?

Too bad that is also not stored in the image of desired.