Look at the document security for these files. Do you permit text extraction?
That is what matters. An indexing component is basically a text extraction component, so it is working as designed if it blocks indexing of documents for which text extraction is forbidden.
Message was edited by: Test Screen Name
I will try to be the most complete possible on the security settings of my document:
- I do NOT ask a password in order to open the file
- I do ask a password in order to modify the document:
- Printing allowed: NONE
- Modification allowed: NONE
- Activate the copy of the text, pictures and other content: Checked
- Activate the access to the text by screen readers: Checked
- Compatibility is set on Acrobat 7 and later
- Encrypt the entire document option is checked
When I apply those settings, save the document and then open the security settings tab with Acrobat Pro I see that everything is forbidden except the three following options:
- Copy of the content
- Copy of the content for accessibility
- Extraction of the pages
When I close the document and open it again with Acrobat Pro or Reader I see that only two options are enabled this time:
- Copy of content
- Copy of content for accessibility
So basically it seems the PDF document looses the Extraction of the pages privilege once I close Adobe Acrobat Pro.
PS: I am translating the security options from French so they may not be the exact ones you see on your Acrobat Pro if you have it in English.
No info about this issue? An FAQ link or something?