7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2014 8:43 AM by dumbgirloncomputer RSS

Attempt to access invalid address

Markus Vetter

Hello,

We have installed Acrobat Reader 11.0.01 on our Server 2008 R2 Terminal Server. Each time we try to open the reader we get the following error message:

Capture.PNG

Does anybody have an idea? We installed the same Reader on Server 2003 R2. There it works without any problems.

Thank you

Markus

• 1. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
          Mylenium MVP

You would have to provide the exact infor from the Event Viewer. That aside, desktop programs are generally problematic in server environments and you may need to fiddle with some deep security and resource allocation settings. Impossible to say anything more specific based on such sparse info...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
            Markus Vetter Community Member

What information to you need? There is no information in the eventviewer. I just receive this message on the screen wehen I try to open on a Server 2008R2. The Server is setup as a terminal server. We run Citrix Xen App 6.5 on this server. maybe this is the problem because I have tried it on another server 2008R2 without Citrix Xen app and there ist also runs.

• 3. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Reader forum.

• 4. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
                Mr S.C.

Hi Markus,

This problem has been vexing me somewhat too for the past week or so.

In my case, I have found that deletion of the following registry keys resolved the issue;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AcroRd32.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AcroRd32Info.exe

Normal disclaimers apply.

S.C.

• 5. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
                  TomazicM

Hi!

I had the same problem on Windows 7 Pro after installing and then uninstalling EMET 4.0.

I applied S.C.'s advice and it helped.

• 6. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
                    dumbgirloncomputer

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my home computer, a Dell PC running Windows 7 with added service packs.  I installed EMET 4.0 and uninstalled it.  I cannot access or read PDF files with Adobe Reader.  I get the same error message that simply says attempt to access invalid address when I open a PDF or the program.  I am not an advanced IT person, Iam just a user.  Can someone tell me how to get into my registery and delete similar registery keys?

• 7. Re: Attempt to access invalid address
                      dumbgirloncomputer Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my home computer, a Dell PC running Windows 7 with added service packs.  I installed EMET 4.0 and uninstalled it.  I cannot access or read PDF files with Adobe Reader.  I get the same error message that simply says attempt to access invalid address when I open a PDF or the program.  I am not an advanced IT person, Iam just a user.  Can someone tell me how to get into my registery and delete similar registery keys?