3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 7:15 PM by RandySwineford

Require multipule fields based on Number in Party.

svalhus

I am making a form for an online rsvp.  The first question is:  How many in your party?  There is a pull down up to 10 guests.  I would like to make it such that if there is a party of eight, that eight names need to be entered in the fields.  I am doing this for a reason.  In the past we have sent out an rsvp and the forms come back incomplete.  They say there is going to be a party of 5, and there are 4 names.  I thought by using the hide/show aspect of FC that I could write a condition that if they select 8 in their party, that 8 fields show, and they must fill them all in.  Thanks for your help....I hope this works!

e
        • 1. Re: Require multipule fields based on Number in Party.
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Yes, you can use FormsCentral's hide/show rules to only show the appropriate number of fields. You can mark all of the fields required so people must fill them out before submitting.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Require multipule fields based on Number in Party.
            svalhus Level 1

Thank you Randy.  Could you be a little more specific.  I tried to do that, but it didn't quite work.  Say someone wanted a party of three.  I would like to then show field 1.2.3.  It doesn't allow me to select multiple fields to open.  I thought about making a field for just 3 names so my conditions could be directed just to that one item, but I can't combine multiple fields into a single conditional object.

• 3. Re: Require multipule fields based on Number in Party.
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Make a drop down with the number of choices - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Create the fields for choice one; duplicate them 8 times

Select the first set of fields and turn on show/hide rules

Setup up the rule like this dialog - you make a rule for values 1-8

Skip Logic repeating field.PNG

On the 2nd set of fields you do the same thing but the value is 2-8

On the 3rd set of fields you do the same thing but the value is 3-8

On the 4th set of fields you do the same thing but the value is 4-8

Repeat... till you get to 8

Hope that makes sense

Randy