2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 3:20 PM by fhxfhx

Clip Markers Add / Delete

fhxfhx Level 1

Hi,

I've checked http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/markers.html to add / delete clip markers, but yet not working for me.

When i select a clip in the timeline and hit "shift and /" no marker is being added to the clip. I tried the / key on the letter keyboard and the / on the numeric keyboard and tried Num Lock on off as well ... no marker coming yet.

It one tme added a marker to the clip when I double clicked it and hit M, but no further marker can yet be added to the unlocked clip. Not with shift / or M with opened up clip source monitor nor clicking the Add Marker icon.

* Actually after re-opening the clip source monitor I now see the added markers there, but not yet on the clip in the sequence timeline, as it shows the first marker there that I initially was able to create.

When I tried to delete the clip marker I placed my cursor over it in the timeline (holding shift to hit the exact location of the marker), then with opened clip source monitor I went to the Marker menu, but Clear Current Marker was garyed out ...

* For the markers in the clip source monitor, how would I be able to place the cursor directly over them ? Shift does not snap there.

Pls share how this is done correct.

Regards,

Frank

• 1. Re: Clip Markers Add / Delete
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

fhxfhx wrote:

Hi,

I've checked http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/markers.html to add / delete clip markers, but yet not working for me.

When i select a clip in the timeline and hit "shift and /" no marker is being added to the clip. I tried the / key on the letter keyboard and the / on the numeric keyboard and tried Num Lock on off as well ... no marker coming yet.

Clip markers are different in Premiere Pro CS6. Is that the app you're running? If so, you can add a clip marker when a clip is in the Source Monitor. To add one in the Timeline, you have to add a keyboard shortcut.

• 2. Re: Clip Markers Add / Delete
            fhxfhx Level 1

Hi Kevin,

thx for reply. Ya CS6. I figured out that in the source monitor when yu click on the makrker, the cursor jumps right there and then when rightclicking on the marker the marker can be "clear current marker".

M is working and ... don't happily ... M works now for as many markers as i want. No idea why on that day it didn't ... oh actually I re-installed my whole computer yesterday ... probably the reason was somwhere there, who knows.

Regards,

Frank