Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted links when using ORDER BY

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a search results page that has been giving me a headache for a few weeks now lol. I have the following SQL to filter what the user is looking for with the search engine. Everything works fine UNTIL i sort the results by province. When i do so i get sereval unwanted image links. For example. If i get 7 results when i sort by ON (ontario) and 1 out of the 7 pets has an image which gives the word "image" repeating 7x based on the sort result and only 1 of those links actually work. Not sure why the others are appearing. I know it's because of the ORDER BY i have in the SQL, because when i remove the order by it works prefectly. I searched all over to find someone else with somewhat of a similar problem, but no go. Looked at my sql reference book and still nothing. Now sure whats wrong. Hope someone can see something i can't.

------ SQL for search engine -------

<cfquery name="qSearch" datasource="#APPLICATION.dataSource#">

SELECT PetID, PetName, PetType, PetStatus, PetGender, Province, City, MyPetID, PostDate, PetBreed, ImageName

FROM PetFind

WHERE 0=0

AND (PetName = '#Search#' OR MyPetID LIKE '%#Search#%')

<cfif IsDefined('URL.Province')>

AND Province = <cfqueryparam value="#URL.Province#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar">

ORDER BY City

ASC

</cfif>

</cfquery>

------ Image link (popUp) ------

<a href="javascript:popImage('../pimages/#URLEncodedFormat(qSearch.ImageName)#.jpg','Picture of #qSearch.PetName#')" onLoad="window.location.href=window.location.href">
        </a>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the code you're using for looping over the recordset and outputting the image links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem because you asked about the outputting. I had 2 cfoutputs when i only needed the 1. So thanks for the reply it helped alot and saved me future headaches on this issue. lol

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation