3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 3:48 PM by kglad

playing multiple movies without clicking home button

Kim JohnsonHusu

I want to create a piece of art containing multiple buttons. For example, an illustration of a field, where, if the user were to click on a bush, a rabbit's head would pop out briefly, then disappear behind the bush. If a lilly pad were clicked, a frog would pop his head out of water and again disappear. How can I allow the user to randomly click on the various buttons, triggering the associated movies to play, without necessitating that a "home" button be hit after each sequence?

• 1. Re: playing multiple movies without clicking home button
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

encode each button to trigger the corresponding movieclip to play.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: playing multiple movies without clicking home button
            Kim JohnsonHusu Level 1

I can get each button to play the corresponding movie. After the movie plays, however, I would like the movie to automaticaly revert to the home state.

In this way, the user could randomly click around on the image, triggering various movies when the appropriate buttons are hit. I have seen this done many times- I remember an an image of a hanunted house, for example. When the user clicked on a window, it would open and a ghost would look out. Without having to then click a home button, a further click on the door of the house would cause the door to open, and a mummy to lean out. I'm trying to avodi having to repeatedly hit a "home" button before additional button hits could trigger additional movie clips.

I should probably mention that I've had to insert a stop command at the end of each movie clip, otherwise all the animations play sequentially, rather than one at a time, when a button is clicked. How do I tell Flash to procede from this stop command, at the end of each movie, back to home, so that further buttons can be pushed?

Sorry if I've misunderstood your posting- I've been animating for several years on Flash, but have only started several days ago to use Actionscript 3 for interactivity, and am a complete novice, in that regard.

• 3. Re: playing multiple movies without clicking home button
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

on the first frame of your movieclips there should be a stop(). 

on that first frame your frog, for example, would not be visible but on subsequent frames would tween into view and then tween out of view, stopping on frame 1 after its timeline completes play.