5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 4:33 PM by Barbara B.

Question

Dunnyod

If I reinstall my damaged Elements 9 program, will i lose my photo files?

• 1. Re: Question
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.  In what way is your Elements program damaged?  Which operating system are you using?

• 2. Re: Question
            Barbara B. Level 7

Your photos and catalogs are stored separately from the program files, so you should be okay.

• 3. Re: Question
              ~V Adobe Employee

Elements Organizer only keeps references(paths) of the media in its database. It does not physically store the media in it. Hence after re-installing it, you can open the same catalog with the same media shown as uninstalling does not do anything with the catalog database and the media itself.

Regards,

vaishali

• 4. Re: Question
                Dunnyod Level 1

When I tried to send all my photos to an external Passport drive a notice

appeared saying that my program was damaged and that I should try to

reinstall the program. I am running Elements 9 on my imac with Lion. I just

want to know if my photos will be damaged if i insert my program disk.

• 5. Re: Question
                  Barbara B. Level 7

No, your photos are your photos, not part of PSE. If you are concerned about catalog data, go to Help>System Info and you can see where your catalog is so that you can make an extra copy of it in the Finder:

Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 7.31.19 PM.png