3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 12:41 PM by WolfShade

upload files in form

TheScarecrow Level 1

Hey I have a form that uploads a file.  I am having trouble with some of the code and hoping someone can help. 

FORM FIELD

<tr>

<td><strong>Upload Submission</strong></td>

<td><input

type="file"

name="submission"

id="submission"

value="#FORM.submission#" class="submissionclass"

/></td>

</tr>

on submission of the form this code runs

PROCESSING CODE:

<cfif FORM.submission EQ " ">

<cfset errors = Errors & "<li>Only PDF, DOC, and DOCX file formats are accepted</li>">

</cfif>

<cfif FORM.submission NEQ " ">

<cfif #right(#FORM.submission#, 4)# NEQ "docx" OR #right(#FORM.submission#, 3)# NEQ "doc" OR #right(#FORM.submission#, 3)# NEQ "pdf">

<cfset errors = Errors & "<li>Only PDF, DOC, and DOCX file formats are accepted</li>">

</cfif>

</cfif>

The questions is will this work or do I have to do it another way.

• 1. Re: upload files in form
          WolfShade Level 4

Why bother with the conditional if both cases result in errors being set to the warning of "only certain file formats are accepted"?

Also, <cfif #right(#form.submission#,4)# is slowing you down.  The #'s are used inside strings or CFOUTPUTs.  The line S/B <cfif right(form.submission,4)

Actually, instead of using right(), use listGetAt(form.submission,len(form.submission),"."), this will split the filename into a period-delimited list, getting the last list element (the file extension) for comparison.

Just my $0.02

^_^

• 2. Re: upload files in form
            TheScarecrow Level 1

yea... I just upload the file and check it and then delete it if there is a problem.or not the right file type.

• 3. Re: upload files in form
              WolfShade Level 4

WolfShade wrote:

Actually, instead of using right(), use listGetAt(form.submission,len(form.submission),"."), this will split the filename into a period-delimited list, getting the last list element (the file extension) for comparison.

Correction: listGetAt(form.submission,len(form.submission),".") should be listGetAt(form.submission,LISTLEN(form.submission),".")

^_^