I have written Actionscript since AS1 back in the late nineties up through AS3 a couple of years ago, but I have not been doing any flash since CS4 came out. I want to create a video game that makes use of some 3d objects and am wondering a couple of things:
1) Does Flash PRO let me work with .max or .3ds models? For example, this one:
2) Will Flex permit me to work with such objects?
3) Do I need some other tool to work with these objects or translate them to some other format?
4) Would it be possible to manipulate the parts of such an object independently (e.g., the barrel moves when the gun fires) ? Or am I limited to manipulating each single imported object as one monolithic object?
Any help would be much appreciated.
1. you'll want to use a 3d framework like away3d or flare3d (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/stage3d.html);
2. don't know.
4. each 3d object can be manipulated independently of every other 3d object.