• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove assets?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am replacing some older images with new ones on my website and would like to remove the older

assets no longer needed for the site. I tried right clicking on the files but didn't see a delete option.

Anyone know how this is done. Thanks -- Bertine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

If you've placed an image using the File:Place... menu item, you can't delete it from the assets panel. You'll have to find it in your layout and delete the image there. When you delete the last use of the image, it will disappear from the assets panel, and the next time you publish/export/FTP upload your site, Muse will delete the image file in the destination folder.

Files placed this way have a small thumbnail of the image next to the filename in the assets panel.

If you've selected a file to u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the asset in the assets tab and press delete.

I have no idea why the little trash icon is not enabled for any/all items. It is for some and not for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neox99,  Thanks for your email reply -- I hadn't even noticed the trash can as it is grayed out on my muse site.

Seems like I can't delete anything from mine.  When I highlight an item in the assets panel and hit delete, it doesn't work -

it deletes the last item I was working on in the muse app. I am working on Mac. Looked in Muse preferences and didn't see any settings. 

Maybe an adobe staff person will respond to this question and let us know how to activate the trash can and if you can't why not.

Best, Bertine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've placed an image using the File:Place... menu item, you can't delete it from the assets panel. You'll have to find it in your layout and delete the image there. When you delete the last use of the image, it will disappear from the assets panel, and the next time you publish/export/FTP upload your site, Muse will delete the image file in the destination folder.

Files placed this way have a small thumbnail of the image next to the filename in the assets panel.

If you've selected a file to upload using the File:Add Files for Upload... menu item, then you can select the file you no longer want Muse to upload in the assets panel and click the trashcan icon to remove it. Alternatively, you can right click on the asset and choose 'Delete Unused Files for Upload'.

Files marked for upload have an up arrow icon next to their filename in the assets panel.

Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 4.26.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobelance, Thanks for your email.  This is most helpful and I appreciate your explaining how all this works. I just used "place" as I do in

other Adobe products like Indesign and Illustrator.  It doesn't look like that is the best option for muse -- maybe the other ways you describe would

be easier to manage assets.  Best, Bertine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've placed a file and don't want to use it in your website anymore, you can right click in the assets panel, and choose 'go to asset' to find where it's used, then just delete it.

Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 5.14.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be much easier than searching through my pages. Thanks much for showing the option... -- Bertine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem and as seems to be the norm with Muse, the solution isn't that easy. Why can we just highlight and delete in the assets panel? - come on Adobe!.

Adobelance - I tried your method but when I right click the asset I don't even get the option to 'Go to Asset - see screen shot. I'm using a Mac. Any other suggestions?

Screen-Shot-2013-02-01-at-18.48.02.jpg

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Go To Assert choice is not currently provided for Background images.

If a background image appears in the Asset panel it's being used by one or more States of one or more objects and/or it's being used in one or more Graphic Styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one go about, locating and removing images that show up as background images in the assets panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak, how do I find out where a background asset is being used (i.e. which graphic style / state?) I purchased a template and deleted all unwanted files, but an still stuck with a few background assets that must be used as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these things are working for me.  I was able to go to the asset and relink it, but I cannot get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dropped in two slideshows on my site. One from widget panel that comes with the 3 stock flower photos and the other slideshow was dragged from one of my other designs.

I added my own photos to both and can not delete the stock flower photos from one and my old photos from my other project.

Before I upgraded to Muse CC I could easily delete assets from panel with delete key or drag to trash. Now neither works and this is a huge problem that's holding me up.  Any advice would help and I would be extremely grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to do this! I had this same issue go to the page the asset is on and click object> unlock all on page. This should allow you to select the asset directly on the page and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon - turn on thumbnails temporarily then you can select the one you want to remove in the thumbnail list (you have to click twice). Once the thumbnail is selected just press delete. When you have removed the trash from the slideshows, turn the thumbnails off again (unless you were using them of course!). This is how to get the stock photos off at least.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...all very good but what if its been put into a gallery? My trash is greyed out and I cant delete them either from the assets tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! This is the first place I've seen in the last DAY I've been searching for support, somewhere describing these asset import options.

The assets that have been uploaded into my widgets and have the arrow icon in the asset panel will not embed into my website and only show in the preview mode. Do you know how to embed these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a request to be able to remove background image assets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to still be an issue with Muse.  I am using a muse-themes template and has image assets I deleted on screen, though still show up in the assets panel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a template, check to make sure you've deleted the assets from the mobile and tablet layouts on the Plan tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so wrong. We cant remove items from the assets panel and program make a bunch of copy for every image in assets panel. Can you make some video tutorial about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image assets I was having trouble with were there due to phone and tablet layout elements that I didn't account for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cant remove items from assets panel on cc version. Nothing works. Delet button, Clear, Cut - nothing ! Do you have some solution ? I dont use tablet and phone layoutgfd.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too.  I have assets that are used in muse-themes and qooqee widgets, and when I delete unused assets, it deletes assets I still need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw my Fill color showed the image and I simply deleted using the trash can next to the Image: Add Image hyperlink. Come on Adobe, this is CRAZY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines