• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe Application Manager prompts me to restart the download

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop took 6 hours on my internet connection which is horribly slow.   The problem is that if you have any trouble at all with the installation (like a file open you need to close) it RESTARTS THE DOWNLOAD.  Can't you just save the files on my disk?  Do you really have to start downloading all over again?  (A pause button would also be nice).

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judy3turn can you please provide some more details regarding what file you downloaded which caused you to restart the download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe Application Manager I wanted to download Photoshop CS6.  It says "install" but is actually downloading at first.  A couple of nice things would be an estimate of how long it will take rather than the % complete.  Another nice thing would be a "pause" button so you can pause and continue the download (common in almost all download managers these days). 

So I had the Bridge open.  I got the error pop-up that says "Please close Bridge and Photoshop".  (Photoshop was not open, but okay).  It has the option to cancel or retry.  I closed the bridge and hit RETRY. 

At this point the install indicator went back to 0 and in about 5 minutes it eeked up to 4%.  That's when I realized it would be downloading again.

So this needs to be remedied, but I also would love to have had a "Report a Bug" button on the web site that could take me to a screen where I could have typed this all in.  Much nicer, don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a seperate discussion.  Thank you very much for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A second related discussion can be found at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1143374.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines