3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 7:01 PM by John Waller

Can't download files!!

MartyR707 Level 1

Yikes - I recently got a new Hard Drive and upgraded to Mountain Lion.  I have CS 4 - also my client has made some changes in contribute.  So not sure what is causing this, but DW won't let me download the files from the server that my client has changed in DW.  I get this message no matter what I do.  I sure hope someone has the solution to this - what a mess

Thanks,

Marty

/links.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot get links.html. 

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1

/links.html

Finished: 1/29/13 3:45 PM

• 1. Re: Can't download files!!
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you sure your Remote Site Definition in DW is properly configured?

Can you GET files off remote server with Filezilla or some other 3rd party FTP app?

Nancy  O.

• 2. Re: Can't download files!!
            MartyR707 Level 1

I didn;'t change any settings - but I did double check them.  I can connect to the server and upload files, so it must have something to do with those files that my client worked on in Contribute.  But what??

• 3. Re: Can't download files!!
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check if there is a file (or files) with an .lck file extension on the remote server.

As a guess, Contribute may not have 100% completed publishing the client's changed files and there may be a stray .lck (lock) file sitting on the server.

You can ask the client to double check the file by downloading and re-publishing via Contribute.

If all's well there then delete the .lck (if one exists) and try getting the file in DW again.