6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2013 5:56 AM by kamal marrouche

publish to swf?

kamal marrouche Level 1

when do you plan to include this option in the products ?

• 1. Re: publish to swf?
          deldesign Level 2

I guess, never! For that there is Flash. Edge Animation is for HTML 5 output.

• 2. Re: publish to swf?
            kamal marrouche Level 1

I guess , you should , and I insist !!!!

WHY > please check the below scenario !!!!!!!!

I am a designer , I am not a CODER !

I found EdgeAnimate very easy to use ,  very friendly

I am doing project in InDesign (with whatever build-in animations facilities ) and for the more complex ones I am using Edge.

Once finished designing  >

I need to export to interactive PDF's  =  PDF needs "swf" format to work with animations and interactivities

The only way to happen is :

1- interactivities and animaions made in InDesign are exported first to "swf"

2- the ones generated through Edge also needs to be published in "swf" format also.

So , for my clients , I generate a PDF version of the job,  they could see  / prior to approve the project / a PDF version of a project >

Once the job is approved by the client > THEN , I need to use the HTML version of the work to include in Ipad application or in web applications

Most of the competitor products have the option to publish to both html5 and swf ???

I insist on considering asap to have this option available|  ??

• 3. Re: publish to swf?
              ♥Schrene Level 4

I have found I have to do more coding in Edge to get what I want than I have to do in Flash.

Flash has a lot more tools and options and is a lot more designer friendly

I am a designer first and a coder second and if it wasn't for the need to create things in an HTML5 atmosphere ...

then as a designer... I would most definitely rather be using Flash.

• 4. Re: publish to swf?
                kamal marrouche Level 1

you did not get me right

I need the 2 version of the project :

the "swf" published from edge and the HTML5 also published from edge

the "swf" = is used as a quick , first look , of the project, along with other elements in indesign > all exported to swf > PDF , for a quick preview for the client

the HTML5 = is used , when the project is to be ready for the final intent of the project , that is > iPad application ?

• 5. Re: publish to swf?
                  ♥Schrene Level 4

Yes I understand that... it would make it easier...

I sometimes have to create duplicate projects in Flash and Edge...

But asking Edge to produce swf...

Is like expecting to get apple juice from oranges.

• 6. Re: publish to swf?
                    kamal marrouche Level 1

Developper @ Adobe , THEY HAVE TO DO IT ,

it is not a WISH LIST

it is a MUST

HERE IS WHY:

PDF use : only swf version of interactivities and animation is possible !