6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 2:29 PM by George_Johnson

Registration Form

Fire Mari

How do you sum up totals on registration form?

• 1. Re: Registration Form
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Web forms created with FormCentral do not support calculated fields. You can create a PDF form and have any sort of calculation you want and it can work with FormsCentral, but not every feature of FormsCentral is supported. Most would use Acrobat to set up calculations in a PDF form.

• 2. Re: Registration Form
            KE at Save the Children

Thanks but what if you also need the online submission through a web form?  If you import a fillable form that has calculations do those calculations transfer accurately to forms central and then you can distribute both ways (via PDF and/or web form) and collect all responses online?  

• 3. Re: Registration Form

A PDF that you've set up to perform automatic calculations will work fine with FormsCentral. That is, the values in the form fields, whether they were calculated or entered by the user, will be included when the form is submitted. The values will appear in the responses for the form.

Since web forms that you create with FormsCentral don't currently support calculations, they would have to be set up without the calculated fields and you could perform the calculations after receiving the data. This obviously is less than ideal but is how web forms currently work.

So you could have two different forms, the PDF with calculations and a web form without. These would have different responses tables, but you could merge them in a spreadsheet or something after downloading the data.

• 4. Re: Registration Form
                KE at Save the Children Level 1

Thank you for your quick reply!

That makes sense except if I have fully created the form as I'd like it with calculated fields in Acrobat why would I even need to create a Forms Central form?  Wouldn't I just import it into FormsCentral and be done with it?  The only question I have is whether or not you can have attachments in a form that was imported from PDF Fillable forms into Form Central or is that feature then disabled because you imported a PDF as the template? 

Thanks again for your help.

• 5. Re: Registration Form

I may have mistaken what you said earlier to mean that you needed to also have a web form. If  the PDF is sufficient then you wouldn't need to create a separate web form, but it would allow those who don't have Reader available to use for whatever reason to submit, even though it wouldn't have all  the features of the PDF.

FormsCentral does not support file uploads (aka attachments) with PDF forms, unfortunately. This feature could be added (I've done it myself with PDFs apart from FormsCentral), but I think there would have to be enough people requesting this feature. Maybe I'll start a new feature request for this because I'd like it too...

• 6. Re: Registration Form

Here's a link to a feature request for file uploads with PDFs form in FormsCentral: http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/2619

Please vote if you'd like to see this in the future.