5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2013 6:22 AM by kglad

Should I render a looping movie in After Effects or in Flash Pro?

Rodan_Shiner

Hello. I am using Flash Pro CS6.

Right now I am trying to make a simple SWF file that can play three looping clips via individual play buttons.

I made three FLV movies in After Effects. They are  80 frames , 30 fps clips, but those clips have lots of same frames. I mean one clip is something like this.

AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD AAAA

AAAA DDDD CCCC BBBB AAAA

AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD AAAA

AAAA EEEE FFFF BBBB AAAA

It contains just 6 frames(A,B,C,D,E,and F). As you can see there are lots of same frames.

I want to make SWF as small as possible, so to make it small, I should import still images and make a new timeline in Flash pro and render them as SWF in it?if I import still bitmap images(ABCDEF images) into Flash Pro and make a SWF in it, Flash Pro can do better compression than AE? If so I will remake the timeline. I really need better compression because I need to submit a SWF file whose limit is 5MB.

If I need to make my SWF small,Which is the best choice? Making a FLV in AE and import it into Flash Pro and publish, OR Making a movie using those still images in Flash Pro and publish? Give me your advice. Thank you in advance.