3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 4:42 AM by Andrew_S

Logo placement

zen15006

Hi

have a project and in the bottom lh corner I want to place a logo to stay there all the time.

I created the logo in illustrator and exported it as a png with a transparent backgroud,

When I import into premiere the background is black??

When I add it to the time line in video 2 the concept works apart from the log is placed dead centre.

What step have I missed

thanks

Ian

• 1. Re: Logo placement
          danplnsk2

Hello Ian,

1. When in the project bin it usually shows with a black backgroung.

2. You now need to move it to its place. Use the effects controls>motion for it.

You may need to scale it too.

Hope this helps.

Dan

• 2. Re: Logo placement
            shooternz Level 6

The black BG is the alpha channel.  ie transparent.

Same as a Title you create in Premiere.  They automatically have alpha channels.

Same for a psd on a transparent BG . This will also show on a black bg in Premiere.

Dan has correctly informed you how to position it.  (Select your graphic clip. "Effects Control > Motion...)

FY: All clips have these  "Fixed Effects" attached to them that you will find in the "Effects Control Window"

• 3. Re: Logo placement
              Andrew_S Level 3

If you need transparency, edit in Photoshop using a transparent background and then save the image as a PSD file. Then import into Premiere for an automatic transparent background.