3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 7:32 AM by the_wine_snob

Sequence/asset

arievandriel

Who can explain the differences between a sequence; asset; scene and clip on the timeline?

• 1. Re: Sequence/asset
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In a very simplified manner:

A Sequence IS the Timeline. An Asset is a Clip - can be a Video Clip (name "Clip" is usually applied here), a Still Image, an Audio Clip, synthetic Video like a Color Matte or Black Video, etc.

In PrPro, one can have many Sequences in a Project. How one uses those Sequences will depend on what they are doing, and how they like to edit. For me, I use and edit Sequences, where each corresponds to a "Scene." However, one can structure that differently, and perhaps will cut one Scene with multiple Sequences, and then perhaps, Nest those Sequences into one.

For general nomenclature for video-editing, this article might be a good place to start: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/498261?tstart=120

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Sequence/asset
            arievandriel Level 1

Thank you Bill.

I was even surprised that I received your reply in my mailbox at home.

Not used to it

Thanks again

Arie

• 3. Re: Sequence/asset
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I was even surprised that I received your reply in my mailbox at home.

This was probably because of how you have Forum E-mail Subscriptions set up.

There are several ways to manage subscriptions:

By Forum (one gets an e-mail for all posts to that forum)

By Thread (one gets an e-mail for all posts to that thread)

By Discussion initiated, i.e. My Discussions (one gets an e-mail for all replies to a post that the user created)

Hope that helps, and remember, within those rough definitions, there ARE variations.

Good luck,

Hunt