2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 1:28 AM by fraser80

Animation on iPad

fraser80

So I’m new to using Edge and have just completed a tutorial which wasn’t too bad. It’s the Adobe tutorial for creating an interactive banner (http://www.adobe.com/inspire/2012/06/ten-steps-interactive-banner-edge.html)

Does anyone know how I would get this to work on an iPad? I realise I would have to change all the mouseovers etc, but I have no idea about the code needed. Does anyone have any advice or links to any tutorials?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Animation on iPad
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, fraser80-

There are some simple things you can do to get this to work on your iPad.  First, instead of selecting the mouseover event in this example, you can select the touchstart event, which is available in the same menu.  All of the same code would then apply.  That being said, you may have to think of navigation differently, because there aren't things like mouseovers on a touch device.  In this particular example, for instance, mousing over will do one thing, and clicking on the picture will launch a separate page.  You will have to decide how you want to handle the same information on a touch device.

Hopefully that gets you started, and welcome to the Animate community!

Cheers,

-Elaine

• 2. Re: Animation on iPad
            fraser80 Level 1

Thanks Elaine. I've managed to work it out using touchstart etc. Do ou know if there are an other good iPad tuorials I can follow?

Cheers,

Fraser